annabanana

Anna hashtag doing to much

Just like Alice, I'm reading my way down the rabbit hole.

Siege and Storm
Plush
Kate Crash, Catherine Hardwicke

Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures Series #4)

Beautiful Redemption - Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia “Here endeth The Caster Chronicles”After 2 years, 4 books, and an upcoming movie franchise, I must say my experience with the Beautiful Creatures series (The Caster Chronicles) was completely incredible. I just grabbed the first book one day while browsing titles at the bookstore and the cover caught my eye (It should be noted that I love the color violet, or anything remotely familial with). This may not be the best series out there, however I take pride over this very much because I chose this without any recommendations though friends or online.Among other things, I also would like to add that I experienced a couple of firsts with this series being 1)my first read by a Male POV; 2) a story about Casters, magic and anything supernatural; 3) and a Country setting with punctuated Southern drawl. It was an odd mix of fun and dark atmosphere.Admittedly, the first book didn't sit well with me in the beginning. I was complaining about why the guy narrator sounds so gay for reasons I can't remember anymore. I find the characters rather obnoxious and just so different than what I would have wanted. I was about to drop the first book and not continue the series but something prods me to carry on. Just so, different is good. Heck, it was very good. I realized then that this would surely stand out among others because it was wholly not what one would expect. THIS SERIES IS SO ORIGINAL. From the characters to the setting to the concept, everything was well-thought of. I mean, I probably would never find another fantasy book with kickass Latin translations. I would never get tired of saying this but, THIS SERIES IS SO ORIGINAL! The whole town of Gatlin was so unique I am not sure how much feelings I could contain for them. They truly make up the story. What I find surprising was that all through out the series, I am very much looking forward to Macon, Ridley, Link, Ethan, Lena, and Amma (in that order) that everything else are superfluous. And no matter what happens, no matter how many series I read, the Caster Chronicles will always be part of my favorites. I don't know why I didn't wrote some thoughts from the past three books of the series but I feel that I need to do so with the last. It might be a separation anxiety knowing there's no more form these awesome characters in their awesome world OR the feeling that letting this one go is like finally letting go of that other part of yourself. All I wanted to say is I am very proud and honored to be able to finish this series with no pressure whatsoever with the thought that sooner or later everything will come to an end. This is so not a book review nor was I taking about how the series goes but I just wanted to let my feelings and thoughts out because seriously, I think the best books are those not by recommendations or even how mainstream it goes but by ones own spontaneous discovery.I'll leave you with one of my favorite quote form this book. “I guess that’s the thing about a hero’s journey. You might not start out a hero, and you might not even come back that way. But you change, which is the same as everything changing. The journey changes you, whether or not you know it, and whether or not you want it to.”